You are here
Votesane PAC: Terms of Service
User Content and InformationThe Site provides you with some opportunities to post your own content. Content includes, but is not limited to, postings, stories, messages, emails, texts, images, photos, video, or other material ("Content"). Responsibility for any user provided Content lies with each user – you alone are responsible for the Content that you post on or send via the Site. The Committee does not control the Content that you or others may provide through the Site.
Content posted by users does not necessarily represent the opinion of the Committee. The Committee makes no representations as to the accuracy or validity of user-provided Content and is not liable in any way for the use of or reliance upon such Content by anyone. The Committee reserves the right to pre-screen, move, refuse, or remove any user-provided Content at any time for any reason and without prior notice.
By using the service, you may be exposed to Content that you find offensive or objectionable. Please report any offensive or objectionable Content to the Committee. The Committee will determine, in its sole discretion, what action, if any, should be taken with respect to any Content on the Site.
The Committee may require you to register to utilize some areas of the Site. You agree to provide accurate, complete and current information about yourself when such information is requested. The Committee reserves the right to terminate your registration and to refuse or remove any of your Content, if it has reason to believe that information provided by you is false, inaccurate or incomplete.
The Committee reserves the right to deny access to the Site or any features of the Site to anyone who violates these Terms of Service or who, in our sole judgment, interferes with the ability of others to enjoy the Site or infringes the rights of others.
Intellectual PropertyThis Site contains proprietary information protected by copyright, trademark and intellectual property laws. The Site is provided solely for your personal noncommercial use. You may not use the Site or materials available on the Site in a manner that constitutes an infringement of the Committee’s rights or that has not been authorized by the Committee.
When you provide any Content you are representing that you are the owner of the material or are making your posting or submission with the express consent of the owner of the material and that you are thirteen years of age or older. In addition, when you provide any Content you are granting the Committee, and anyone authorized by us, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, transmit, sell, exploit, create derivative works from, distribute, or publicly perform or display such Content, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium, now known or later developed, for any purpose. The foregoing grant shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such Content, including, but not limited to, rights under copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction. In connection with the exercise of such rights by the Committee, you grant the Committee, and anyone authorized by us, the right to identify you as the author of any Content you provide by name, email address, or screen name as we deem appropriate.
User ConductYou agree that all postings and communications or other Content you provide are your sole responsibility. This means that you, and not the Committee, are entirely responsible for all Content you provide.
It is a condition of your use of the Site that you :
- Do not restrict or inhibit any other person from using and enjoying the Site;
- Do not use the Site to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Do not use the Site to instigate or encourage others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or property damage to any person;
- Do not use the Site to post or transmit any information that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent information of any kind
- Do not use the Site to post or transmit any information that is hateful or discriminatory against any individual or group on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or disability, or promotes physical harm or injury against any individual or group;
- Do not use the Site to post or transmit any information that is harmful to children in any way;
- Do not use the Site to post or transmit any information or other material that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right, or derivative works, without first obtaining permission from the owner or rights holder.
- Do not use the Site to post or transmit any information that is invasive to another's privacy or includes personal or identifying information about another person, without that person's explicit consent;
- Do not use the Site to post or transmit information that violates, intentionally or unintentionally, federal or state election laws, any other applicable federal, state, or local laws, or to promote or provide instructional materials about illegal activities;
- Do not use the Site to post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of commercial solicitation;
- Do not use the Site to post or transmit any Content that contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Do not use the Site in a manner that interferes with or disrupts the Site, or servers or networks connected to the Site;
- Do not use the Site to collect or store personal data about other users for commercial purposes or engage in commercial activities, without the Committee's express prior approval.
Any use of the Site that is in violation of the Terms of Service will be subject to immediate removal and user/account suspension or termination, at the sole discretion of the Committee.
Modifications to SiteThe Committee reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify, limit or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site (or any part of the Site) with or without notice. By accepting the Terms of Service and using the Site, you agree and acknowledge that the Committee shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site or any part of the Site.
LinkingThe Committee may, from time-to-time, link to other websites which are completely independent from the Committee, such as websites of other campaigns, political parties, political organizations, allied organizations, government agencies, vendors, and the news media. The Committee makes no representations or warranty about the accuracy, content, or safety of following these links to other websites. By accepting the Terms of Service and using the Site to link to other websites you agree that you do so at your own risk and that the Committee bears no responsibility for anything that happens when you link to other websites.
Disclaimer of WarrantiesBy using the Site and accepting the Terms of Service, you agree and acknowledge that:
- The Committee expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement;
- The Committee makes no warranty that the Site will meet your requirements, that the Site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, the results that may be obtained from the use of the Site will be accurate or reliable, the qualify of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Site will meet your expectations, and any errors in the software will be corrected;
- Your use of the Site is at your sole risk. The Site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Downloading or otherwise obtaining material through the use of the site is done at your own discretion and risk. The Committee is in no way responsible for any damage to your computer or computer system or loss of data that allegedly results from the download of any material from the Site; and
- That no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from the Committee or through or from the Site shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the Terms of Service.
Limitation of LiabilityBy using the Site and accepting the Terms of Service, you agree and acknowledge that:
- Under no circumstances, including but not limited to, negligence, shall the Committee be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the Site, including any third-party materials, products, or services made available through the Site, even if the Committee is advised beforehand of the possibility of such damages;
- The Committee is not liable for any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any user; and
- If you are dissatisfied with the Site, any content on the Site, or with any of the Site’s terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
IndemnificationBy using the Site and accepting the Terms of Service, you agree to indemnify and hold the Committee, its principals, officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content that you submit, post or make available through the Site, of your use of the Committee's Service, your violation of the Terms of Service, your breach of any of the representations and warranties in the Terms of Service, or your violation of the rights of another person or entity.
Governing LawBy using the Site and accepting the Terms of Service, you agree and acknowledge that the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia shall govern the Terms of Service and the relationship between you and the Committee without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You further agree and acknowledge that you will submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within Virginia. In addition, you agree and acknowledge that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Site or the Terms of Service must be filed within one (1) calendar year after such claim or cause of action arose or forever be barred.
MiscellaneousThe Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and the Committee and governs your use of the Site, superseding any prior agreements between you and the Committee. The Committee's failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms of Service is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, you agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the Committee’s intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms of Service remain in full force and effect.
Contact the CommitteePlease report any violations of the Terms of Service by emailing the Committee at email@example.com or by U.S. Mail or fax to:
PO Box 2713
Alexandria, VA 22301
Dated: July 15, 2010